Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Renovation Experience

So I'm trying to renovate my website. And I'm getting the only fat headache! Here's the story...
Getting my website re-designed is something I thought about for a long while now. I feel both excited about having a new designed website and also completely worried that the site will not have the same feel I have been use to all this time.

So I started re-designing my site with my boyfriend. He gave me good advise by setting me up with a new website provider and ideas how to re-arrange articles I have posted on my site. The only problem with my newer site is that I find it harder to navigate. Sure the site is way more updated with lots of features and possiblities. But in return, I have a lot of navigational material to learn and get used to. This new experience has not been easy nor fun. I have litterally stepped away from the computer with headaches and neck pains from the aggravation. This renovation is truely painful.

Here are some of the problems (only some),
So far I feel it takes me 3x times longer to post something up on my new site verses my old site. The new site looks way better in terms of clarity and professionalism but there are so many steps to take to get anything done. =( I get a big headache just thinking about it!

I try to work on the new site every other day whenever I have the chance. My boyfriend complains that I don't work on the site long enough. To tell you the truth I don't. I'm not going to be around the bush about it, this new site is so much work it makes me want to run away from it and avoid it at all costs.

I will stop this bad behavior and work harder on my new site. Hopefully I can get it running by the beginning of the new year. Lets see, I can't make any promises but I will try.